Wednesday, October 22, 2008






I have had some FUN!!! Friday, the 17th, I dropped the kids off with their Grandma Lee and Todd took me to the airport bound for Portland to have a Girls Getaway for the weekend. (Maiden names) Stephanie Mason, Sara Claeson, Cortney Logan and I met up there to spend the next 3 days in a beach house in Seaside. It was so fun from the get go to be in their company. I hadn't seen Steph in 3 years or so, Cortney in 5 years and only for a moment, and Sara since we were 17.

We headed straight to Seaside and checked in to the beach house. It was so cute, homey, and bright! We had dinner at Doogers, the local steak and sea food restaurant. I had forgotten that I had been there when Todd, Brielle, and I spent a weekend in Seaside a couple years ago. Super yummy. Then we hit the grocery store and kept well within our budget, much to our surprise since everything is more expensive there. We spent most of our time that weekend talking and talking and talking, playing "Remember when...", watching chick flicks, staying up late having too much fun talking, cooking together, walking the beach, shopping the shops, looking for the world's best taffee, making cards, and we even attended the Seaside ward for church. I heard so many stories I was a part of as a kid, but had COMPLETELY forgotten about. It was good to get a nice chunk of my childhood back. Church there was such a refreshing experience.... just to hear every talk and attend every class! They were very used to visitors on vacation, and very friendly. We stopped at the "Goonies Beach" on the way home. We were all pretty excited about that since we all love that movie. It was such a beautiful day. All weekend we had beautiful weather! We even toured a hotel's variety of rooms that overlooked that beach to plan to come back to it next year for our next getaway. We visited the Tillamook Cheese factory and had Tillamook cheese, clam chowder, cheeseburgers, ice cream, and chocolate milk. I paid for that in a giant stomach ache all night! But it was worth it!

I loved the drive home in all the forest's Fall leaves. It finally started to rain at the end of our drive. We made one last stop at the Portland IKEA store. I hadn't ever been to one before and it was massive!!! Full of really cool gadgets and furniture. Finally we said good bye at the airport. It was so fun to be with those friends, especially to get to know Cortney better since we had the least history together. She's awesome. Everyone was. Just an amazing time. I'm shocked at how little any of us had changed. Everyone was stronger, mature, wives, mothers, etc. But personality wise, in all ways important, we were the same. Everyone was still the sort of person I'd choose out of a crowd to be friends with and want to spend a weekend with.

Todd was a sweetheart to let me go. He has wanted me to do something like that for a long time. So he was more than happy to take a half day off of work Friday and most of the day off on Monday to accomodate it and watch the kids. By the last day, when I'd call him, he was doing most of the talking on the phone and not wanting to get off. And as much as I enjoyed it, I had to laugh because it reminded me of all the times he goes on business trips and I'm the one stalling on the phone to get another minute longer of adult conversation!!! It was good to be back in his arms again at the Boise airport, though. He had Rachele come over to be at the house while the kids slept in their beds so he didn't have to keep them up super late to come get me.

The next day, Tuesday, we took the kids to the pumpkin patch to get their pumpkins. Halloween is in the air! We're all excited! Especially Brielle since she gets to be Rapunzel and she thinks that long blond wig is the coolest thing since princesses were put in existence! Ashton on the other hand, when we tried his costume on he instantly started trying to strip. Not the reaction I was going for. He's a knight in shining armor and the costume I bought appearantly has velcro shoulder plates and breast plate because they were the first to go. I may have to alter some things to prevent that from happening all night at the trunk-or-treat.

No comments: