This past weekend was my Girls Getaway with the friends I've had since childhood. We were missing Cortney who is 8 months pregnant and had to sit this one out. Unlike Todd on his Guys Golf Getaway, I had my camera and of course went snap happy. Here are the memories!
We arrived Saturday night and talked at Stephanie's house in Hillsboro until very late- her husband, Mark was a sweetheart and treated us to Tillimook Mud Slide ice cream, but went to bed about the time we started talking about bras. We stayed the night there and left the next day for the coast.
But first, Sara and I went for a morning jog.
We stopped to get pedicures!
We drove the long route through Lincoln City to go to the Lincoln City Outlet Mall. WOW. They had an outlet store for EVERYTHING! Gap, Old Navy, Eddie Bauer, Maurices (didn't know they had an outlet store), Nike, Columbia, Children's Place, on and on. We spent most of the day there and found some great buys.
Then we drove the rest of the way to our final destination-
the beautiful Cannon Beach.
We rented a beach house.
Got a fire going.
Moved Steph's bed upstairs so she could sleep near the other beds.
And got a movie going on a spiffy big TV.
(That's a must for us- as many chick flicks as we watch on our trips!)
The next day Sara and I jogged on the beach. I LOVE the fresh air on the coast!
We spent the day in town shopping the little shops, looking for souvenirs for our kids.
We had lunch at a local sea food restaurant. They made a delicious clam chowder.
We drove a few minutes North to Seaside to get the best salt water taffy ever. We fell in love with it when we found it two years prior on our first annual getaway.
We ended up that evening at a local play house watching the musical, "Clue". It was based on the board game and no two shows are exactly alike because the audience draws the murderer/weapon/room cards at the beginning and the show is based on those. It was cute and fun to see.
That evening I hiked down into the mud below the deck to get around our beach house trying to find an open door. I ultimately tried to get a ladder up to the only open window in the house. I had left the key in the house and we were locked out! Before I bobbed on top of a very rickety ladder to climb through a small upstairs window, Stephanie had been able to find the contact number for and get ahold of the owner who told us the lock box number for the spare key. (Phew) I had even scaled up to the balcony to try the balcony door! It was an adventure!
We watched another movie that night and made lots of naughty junk food.
The next day we attended the Seaside Ward. We love that ward.
We spent Sunday walking the beach and watching several more chick flicks.


Thinking of my sweetheart back home.
I miss him too much when I'm gone!
Thinking of Cortney back home, almost ready to have another girl!
We missed you, Cortney!
Steph didn't need a pillow, she's already almost 5 months preggers.
Monday we waked the pier and gazed at the beach one last time.
I LOVE the homes in these coastal towns. So cute!
Heading back to Portland.
In Portland, we had quite a bit of time to kill between when we needed to check out of the beach house and when Sara and I's flights were. We had lunch at Olive Garden, shopped at my new favorite second hand store- Plato's Closet. VERY fun store. And then sat back at a Starbucks to use their wifi. We started a blog for Sara and everyone took the Hartman Color Code Personality Test online.
Steph is a Red-White.
Sara is a Yellow-Blue
I'm a White-Yellow
Now we need to know what Cortney is.
One last stop for Cinnamon Rolls at Ikea and then we were all home sweet home. It was such a fun relaxing time. I always miss my sweetie too much to be gone even one more day. But it was a perfect 4 days with good friends.








No comments:
Post a Comment