Monday, June 11, 2012

Girls Getaway- Bend, OR

We all seem to love Oregon, so this year we chose to fly into Portland and drive from there to Bend together.  It's about the same distance from my house, but lately I can't stay awake at the wheel that long if I'm by myself.  And the drive was pretty and fun with friends.

Once we flew into Portland, we headed to the Portland Temple.


I talked Sara and Steph into finding a Whole Foods Market to pick up some of my staples that I didn't want to have to pay to fly there.  Love that store!  Back home I have to shop every little health food store to find the random goods I like to use.  

We got in to Bend pretty late (the rental cabin was actually more in Sunriver).  

The next day we got pedicures and did some shopping.

We took the Goody's Chocolate Factory tour.   We actually visited their chocolate shop several times that weekend ;-)











(Above right) Trying on clothes at the Black and White store.

(Below) Steph and Sara's pedicure pic.

Eating out at the Pine Tavern.  This pic. was taken in front of the massive tree growing through the center of the restaurant.

More shopping.  


While Sara and Steph had visited a home decor shop in Bend, I opted to get dropped off at a CrossFit gym nearby in Bend to get a workout in since I try not to buy any more home decor.  We're about maxed out.  We met back up and got these hat pics before I changed.

Make-Your-Own Mongolian Grill 

We attended church in Bend on Sunday.

After a Sunday walk.


On our drive home, Monday we stopped at a Volcano Museum and hike.








It was lots of fun!  Like always, I missed my sweetie and kiddos a ton, though.  Back home I gave the kids each a treat from the candy store.

Lego candy!




Then the kids and I spent the day at Wahooz.




1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I bet your girls' weekend get-away was awesome! I am planning on doing one with at least one of my sister's next year--hopefully more! We have a couple of stores here that sell lego candy too. Shanna picked some out for her birthday and the kids loved it.