On the plane ride there. (Phone pics here for the first bit...)
At the pier and about to board the ship.
The first day (embarkation day) was Ashton's official birthday. We had celebrated it a few days prior to leaving on our trip so he could have a regular day. But this was a fun way to add to his experience.
You can always count on Disney to make kid's birthday a special one. They sang to him and had a Mickey cake ready for him which everyone tried and he got to take his leftovers back to the room.
The second was a Sea day. Time spent in the spa, on the pool deck, at the kids' club, and the evening was Formal Night. Which meant Miss Lainey got to be a princess kicking the night off with a visit to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique! She remembered everything about it, most especially to relish it! This trip was cheaper for us having already just purchased things for our last trip like swim suits, princess dresses, summer clothes, etc.
These kids sure loved being with cousins this time around!
OK done with the phone pics :) (I'm such a phone pic snob!)
Lainey eating one of her unlimited soft serve ice cream cones.
For Christmas everyone received a GoPro camera and the kids had far too much fun running around with them attached to their head/waist.
Our land stops included St. Martin, Puerto Rico, and Castaway Cay (the Disney Island). This was the Eastern Caribbean itinerary where our last cruise was the Western Caribbean.
On St. Martin, we all got up early and dressed in coordinating colors for a quick family photo shoot, me being the photographer. I forgot my remote shutter control on the ship so I had to run for the timer to get in each shot we took! And with THAT many people, it was impossible to get a smile and open set of eyes on EVERYONE. The angle wasn't 100% what I hoped for with the way the sun hit this angle of beach, but it worked alright. Can't tell the beach to morph and change! This was the best we got with some cutting and pasting of faces:
One wider shot and then I took the rest with my new 100mm lens. I wanted to practice using it so everything else is really close up. Have to say, I'm in LOVE with it! I absolutely love the compression.
Was also using my new tripod which didn't always help with getting the subject in the shot fully- I'm getting fast at it but was slow on the trip. Consequently I got several otherwise great shots that have the top or bottom all chopped off!
Lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe was memorable, but for terrible service. :( Took FOREVER. As in... two hours total and actually got the meal wrong. No time for patience when the island sun and waves beckon!
The water taxi ride back to the ship. Quentin and Ashton were invited to help the captain guide the ship!
The beach we spent the earlier hours at got really crowded and we knew that meant the ship was more on the empty side. So we headed back to enjoy fun in the water and sun there. Many a turn on the Aquaduck. I even joined Lainey several times where I
don't think I ever did it last trip. Maybe I did but I can't
remember.
That evening was Pirate Night on the ship. All crew members joined in costume and character as well as the majority of the guests on board.
The 3 kids each had a quick pirate makeover at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.
The Pirate Show, later followed by fireworks.
Puerto Rico was a blast. We went zip lining with Brielle and everyone else her age or older. Todd wore his GoPro so someday when he cuts that down to size I'll add it on here. No pictures of it, otherwise :(. When we got back to the ship, we still had several hours there. So Brielle went to hang out with her cousins and Todd and I left again to take a taxi to a shopping center. Here are a couple shots as we left the port later that afternoon.
Possibly the only bug on the ship....
The mosaic tile wall in the buffet.
Last day for disembarkation was at Castaway Cay. Such a beautiful beach with NO local congestion or worry about crime/theft, etc. It's clean and safe and fun and overall quiet.
Uncle Billy was a blast for the kids this trip!
Gearing up at the swim with stingrays excursion. Disney clips off their stingers but the kids were still very hesitant!
The stingrays were not scared of them!
Crab racing- so cute!
Back to phone pics :(
Animator's Palet was a blast yet again. Too much fun watching our drawings come to life with Mickey and Genie.
We really enjoyed this vacation, the company we were with, and the Disney service yet again!








No comments:
Post a Comment