Angie Barlow is one of my favorite people. For as long as I've known her she has made me want to be a better person. She truly has all of the qualities I want to have. And she's so darn humble. I've gotten to know her most through the past years that she has been my visiting teacher with my other good friend, Maurny. This year we wanted to throw Angie a birthday party. We asked her for a guest list and it came as no surprise that she didn't have any clique friends and wanted women from all wards, all personalities. She's been an icon to many women.
I remember being in Relief Society Mtg. many years ago when the teacher asked the class to write down the name of someone we admire. I wrote Angie's name in a heartbeat. As I sat and waited I couldn't help but catch the name of my neighbor's paper when she finished writing it- Angie B. And when the teacher asked if anyone would like to share their name and why, another sister volunteered and sure enough, her example was Angie Barlow! I chuckled to myself realizing she no doubt has lifted and inspired many people through her circle of influence. And that circle is larger all the time as her husband has accepted positions in the church such as Bishop and Stake President.
Angie is a grandmother in her late 40's and yet she still does an Olympic triathlon every year. Year round I see her out running and staying fit. She looks like Ashley Judd!
She and her husband have the most wonderful marriage. Todd and I once bumped into her at Deseret Book Store and when asked what some of her favorite books there were (she loves to read), she replied, "Strangling Your Husband Is Not An Option." We laughed. Of course a person with such a fun marriage would be someone who studies marriage. She and her husband do so many fun things together.
Angie is a wonderful mother and has 5 beautiful talented daughters. She is a wonderful friend. Never criticizing, always lifting, no care for age gaps, she is friendly to everyone. I love that she is down to earth and real. She likes rock and roll, her husband owns a motorcycle, she's just cool. I just love her and am so grateful for her friendship and influence in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment