A friend of ours was talking with Todd at church right after the New Year. As Todd was lamenting that we wanted to take the family skiing for the first time over the Christmas Break but never got a free window of time to do it with all the madness the holidays did to our schedule, the friend said, "Hey go stay at my cottage in Tamarack!" We didn't know he had one! But it was vacant at the moment and with school not starting for just a couple more days, it was perfect... as long as we could leave immediately. So after church we loaded up winter clothes and away we went.
We were shocked how few people were at the ski resort the next day. Boise schools must have gone back in session. We were the only ones who signed up for group lessons so it was more of a private lesson. By two hours, the kids and I were doing alright! The one and only other time I had ever skied in my life was when my dad (an awesome skier) took me ski jorring up a mountain in Hatcher's Pass (Alaska) - thats's where the dogs were harnessed and leashed to me to pull me up the mountain. Then, at the top, he said, "See you at the bottom!", and off he went. With no instruction I rode the mountain on my back side. And I didn't really feel like skiing... ever again. Lessons were key for me!
We ate at a pizza place one night that offered home made chocolate chip cookies and milk. Yum!
This ski trip happened over Ashton's Birthday. He said it was an awesome birthday, skiing! He turned 9. One more year and double digits! I love this boy of mine! He turned out to be a one great skier!



No comments:
Post a Comment