Saturday, March 12, 2016

Park City CrossFit Recertification With Maurny


In mid-March my friend Maurny and I drove to Park City together.  This was a trip for me to attend another CrossFit certification since mine was about to expire (they last 5 years) and they are much cheaper to attend as a renewal before they expire than after.  Todd was out of town that weekend for work.  So Maurny was sweet and agreed to accompany me and find things to do during the day while I was at the cert.  In the evenings we went to dinner and soaked in the hot tub or watched TV in the hotel room.  It was so much fun having all that conversation time with her driving there and back.  I just love her.  She is one dang good woman and such a treasured friend.

The certification was at CrossFit Park City, which is owned by one of my favorite CrossFit athletes, Christ Spealer.  This is also where Todd earned his CrossFit certification.  They were patient with my limitations.  I had both my local nutritionist at the health foods store and my Dr give me things to help with energy and recovery so I could sustain the rigor of this cert.  It's a lot of body weight repetition as you practice lifts with a pvc pipe.  And each class ended with a workout, also (thankfully) completely modifiable.  When they asked at the beginning if anyone had any injuries they should be aware of, it was embarrassing to have to list off 6 or 7 of them and then disclaim the truth that none of them were CrossFit related for fear of inevitable judgement!  I never had to completely sit anything out which was a relief.  But the adrenaline wore off when I got home and I crashed for almost 3 weeks.

One of the Park City evenings we drove up to the Montage Resort to see my brother there preforming in the commons.  The picture is way too dark.  We listened for a while and gave Scott a hug and a tip and left.



No comments: