Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

I felt strongly this year that I should do something a little more meaningful for Mom than a gift from the store or flowers.  I decided to write her a poem.  It only took me a few hours because the inspiration came flowing so fast and easy.  God wanted her to hear it.  I love her so much. 

Here is her Mother's Day gift:

"Mother", by Sarah Stice
Oh, happy day
In beautiful May
When my little ones' hearts point to mine.

They shower me with kisses,
Songs, flowers, warm wishes,
With breakfast in bed do I dine.

I smile in my soul,
And my heart is full
Of a gratitude hard to define.

The scene is set
For my mind to reflect
On the purpose of God's design.

Being a mother;
A work like no other,
Is one of life's great mysteries.

Sacrifice absolute,
Selflessness- attribute
Of a role that drives one to their knees.

As humility ensues
And patience accrues;
A refining to polish and prime.

The heart expands,
And compassionate hands
Weave a magic to last beyond time.

Anticipation yields adoration.
Effort turns to elation.
God's face shines through an innocent child.

When agency storms
And youth bears its thorns,
God's face shines through a mother mild.

An angelic transformation
And love beyond explanation
Leave one asking, "Wherein have I lost?"

It is now understood-
The blessings of motherhood
Far outweigh any cost.

They joy in my heart
And the bond I am a part of
I share with only one other:

With a face so angelic
And a love so compelling-
My own sweet, dearest mother.

On this day in May
My heart points her way.
I ponder all that she means.

For her service, her strife,
Her love, her good life,
She's my angel without wings.

No comments: