I had a blast at the baby shower! I have wonderful friends to do that. I felt guilty accepting one since this is not my first girl. But we honestly could use it and I'm excited about the things I was given. Marcee worked so hard and made the cutest little paper bootie hand-outs filled with Hershey's Kisses. They're sitting all in a row on the the mantle in the pic. So creative!
So I'm second guessing the sewing machine repair lady's opinion of my machine... or my ability to use it properly because it isn't working AGAIN. I still have so much to do to finish these bedding projects! But they're on hold again until I can figure out what either I am or my machine is doing wrong. So I moved on to a diff. project today, thank you cards for my shower.
I LOVE making cards and the process doesn't "break down" on me so I enjoyed my time doing that.
At the Dr. on Friday, I found out I've dilated to a 2, which is exciting! I don't progress in this way usually until I'm induced. But I am carrying very high still. I'd like to be a 3 by my induction date to make labor go more quickly. And I'd also like to make this baby drop more! So I've spent the weekend sitting and bouncing on my yoga ball! Why haven't I thought of this thing sooner? It's even comfier than my computer chair! Lovin' it!
Saturday morning, Brother McCurdy of the bishopric came over to meet with me and extended me the calling of Relief Society teacher. I was expecting a call when he said he wanted to meet with me, and happy to hear it would be one that I could do with a baby. Todd can watch her while I teach R.S. once each month, and I can watch her while he teaches Sunday School. I warned Bro. McCurdy it'd be probably until Easter Sunday that I be in church again with being sick and then having a baby. But that will all be fine. I've been in the primary ever since we moved into the ward. I've enjoyed it there, but it feels like time for a change and a new way to grow. And I enjoy teaching. I always learn so much more preparing a lesson. So I'm looking forward to that.
On a downer note, as just mentioned... I'm sick. I have a cold and I'm due in almost a week and a half! And either way I'll be induced in a week. NOT COOL. I'm chugging water like crazy in hopes to kick it fast. The kids are both sick too. I really hope I don't have to bring a brand new baby home to a sick family. And I'm pretty miserable just dealing with being this far along. The last thing I need is another contributor to sleepless nights and daily discomfort. Wish me and my water bottle luck!

3 comments:
I think you look great!
If it makes you feel any better... I had a (surprise) shower given for me with my 4th baby/2nd girl, and another surprise shower for baby #5, 3rd boy!
It was nice... just friends wanting to celebrate the new life. Can't complain about that!
Sorry you're sick! And that I had to miss your shower - I know it would have been so fun. AND sorry that I won't get to participate in any of your lessons, being in YW. But I'm sure that you and the kids will be well enough by the time Lainey comes. (Did I spell that right?) Please call me if you need anything though!
I hope you are feeling better...what a fun shower! I wish I lived closer so I could've been there!
Thank you, also, for the kind words you always leave on my blog...you are so sweet.
xoxo
Post a Comment