I finally finished the sewing projects for the girls' room. I was working on them up until about 7:00pm the night before Lainey came! I'm excited about it and kind of proud of it, being the first kids room I've actually finished and decorated before. We've painted until now, but that's all. I made everything in the room except Brielle's duvet cover and both of the girls' sheets/pillowcase. It got a little busy looking in the room so in the end I only hung the names and flower pictures. Brielle LOVES her room. She likes to show everyone that comes over. I'm glad she's so happy about it. She has begged for a cute finished room for a long time. Anyway, I purchased the sheets at half off and bought extra so I could make the projects- with some purchased fabric as well. It was the only way I could find bedding that matched for a crib and a twin bed, that I liked anyway.
I'm really excited about the furniture too. I found the crib on clearance for $99 with free shipping online. It's normally almost $400. And the dresser and small change table/dresser were also on sale at JCPenny for so low that all in all I spent less than $500 on all three pieces. Which is still less than just the price of a similar looking and similar good sized dresser I originally liked but didn't want to pay for. It's all great quality too. Just as nice as the expensive ones. The whole room was such a bargain with the cost of material and making things on my own with scraps and cheap sheets. Even the letters for their names were half off. Maybe I'm a little over excited about it, but it's nice to accomplish so many projects for so much less than I anticipated a nice and newly furnished room to cost.
I've painted Ashton's room, now I need to challenge myself to actually finish it off and try to be as financially savvy on it too. We didn't get him a new dresser, he actually got Brielle's old one. Which is our old one we used before having kids. Which is Todd's old one he used as a little boy up until he got married! It's been painted a bunch of times! So it's not "newly furnished", but what a bargain that dresser has been for us! It's black now, to match Ashton's crib. It's been nice to put his clothes in something and not have them folded and stacked on his old change table's shelves, just to get knocked down by ASHTON every day! Anyway, nobody hold your breath on pics of Ashton's room. But I'll be up to finishing it off for him one day.

2 comments:
This bargain shopper is definitely impressed!! And the fact that you are posting so soon after getting home is impressive too!
Holy cow, that's beautiful. Do you want to come do our house too? :) We still have the lovely white walls we got when we moved in. :) It looks great!
Post a Comment