Monday, May 4, 2009

Finished Reading the Twilight Series


I finished reading Twilight! It took one week to read the first three books and one week to read the fourth! The fourth IS by far the biggest of the books, but I just had to get things done finally after reading at least half the day EVERY DAY for that first week. I LOVED the story. However, it still never ceases to amaze me how many people rave over these books- teens, mothers, and grandmothers alike... nearly anyone I've talked to about it. They're good, but WOW... there's CRAZINESS over these books!

Though the dishes were severely neglected and the laundry... and the kids' rooms... and we ate Schwans frozen dinners for a week (I chose to do this when Todd was out of town in D.C. and wouldn't mind so much...), I am happy to report a rekindled love of reading. ONLY in moderation from here on out. I'm starting Pride and Prejudice tomorrow. It's my favorite movie of all time. I can't count on my fingers and toes- or my whole family's fingers and toes for that matter- how many times I've seen it. It's just ridiculous that I've never actually sat down and read the book.

4 comments:

Dean Family said...

The twilight books are really fun to read. I agree though that Pride and Prejudice is the greatest story of all times. Jane Austen is great- have fun reading it, it is a great book although very different from the movie with Kierra Knightly.

Kirsten said...

I'm glad you've jumped on the bandwagon! I really enjoyed the series but the 1st book is by far my favorite! If you want an absolutely WONDERFUL book to read, "The Counte of Monte Cristo" is my all time favorite!

Christine said...

these are on my list to read eventually, along with about 20 other books at this point (seriously, I do have a list!)

I have to second the recommendation for Count of Monte Cristo (but get an unabridged version... abridged books just cheat you of the depth!)

Anyway... I love to read right along with you. I'm in 2 different book clubs and sometimes it's a struggle to get through a chapter for my weekly group. Which reminds me... I'm hosting our book club next week. Better jump on finishing that one off. LOL

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Aren't they addicting? What cracks me up is that even my mom is addicted to them, probably even more than me. I love it!

By the way, loved Lainey's blessing day post! Her dress was beautiful!