Todd gave Lainey a beautiful blessing. The Sacrament Mtg. was a beautiful Fast and Testimony Mtg. and I enjoyed the opportunity to hear my dad bare his testimony. Todd and I also took the chance to share our testimonies. There were 4 babies blessed (2 more who could have been the the parents opted for other days/places to bless them) and the place was packed with visitors!
Following the meeting, we met up at home to provide brunch for all of the family who attended. Todd's mom gave me the idea (and recipe) for doing Quiche and she even made some to bring. They had asparagus in them and were AMAZING. Rachele and her boyfriend, John, and I whipped up fruit salad and muffins. It was a great turn out, a little scrunched in my house- just like I like it.
It's starting to hit me that Rachele will be gone soon. She graduates from TVCC in a month and is moving in June. I'm trying not to think about it, but I'll be the lone member of my own family again once she is gone and I've SO enjoyed having her here. Not just for the babysitting, but I've been given a second chance to really be around and get to know my sister who was so young when I left home. And I'm not at all ready to let her leave me. I'm so proud of the woman she's become. She's so beautiful and a wonderful person.
This is her boyfriend, John, in the picture with her.
Our family always takes family pictures whenever we're together because it seems so rare. Unfortunately this is not the complete family. My brother, Scott, was on contract to do his gig on Carnival Cruise and was somewhere in the other hemishere of the world, and Levi also had to work and couldn't come.
Ashton has lots of uncles between Todd's siblings and mine and he LOVES stealing their attention!
Also, this past week or so I received a new calling. I was actually called to be a Relief Society teacher about 7 weeks or more ago. I was gone from church to have the baby and was never sustained in church while I was gone. Nor once I came back. Then was general conference and then Stake Conference. Then, about the time I was really wondering what was going on, Bro. McCurdy came over and extended me another calling all together! I was called to be the second counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. The current president is moving to New Plymouth, a neighboring town. The new president is Denise Meyers, who I absolutely love. I'm very excited to work with her and the rest of the presidency. It will require more time and prayer than any calling I've ever had, but I'm filled with excitement to work with these particular women. And I LOVE the women in my ward. It's a joy to associate with them and serve them.

4 comments:
What a beautiful dress. I bet it was awesome having so many of your family all together!
Looks like everything went great! I hope it was nice for you to see all your family so soon again!!! ;)
beautiful Sarah! :)
I know I'm not LDS but the LDS Relief Society here invites non-members to come participate too. I really like them... so I'm happy for you! If the relief society in Bethel is so great, I can't imagine how nice it must be elsewhere.
Good luck with your new calling! You will do a fantastic job. I am guessing you are in the Enrichment counselor? I love Lainey's blessing dress! I am glad a lot of family could be there for it!
Post a Comment