Halloween was fun! We had our Trunk or Treat really early because this weekend is Stake Conference and our adult session was still scheduled for tonight. A little irritating, but they did move it back to 8:00 to allow for most of the evening for trick or treating. We hit the trunk or treat a little late on purpose because I'm a mean mom and didn't want my kids to have very much candy. And it worked perfect. We got there and only about 10 cars had candy left, if that.
Ashton and Brielle were a Boise State cheerleader/football player duo.
Lainey was a wiggly worm.
I bought her costume on clearance a little late in the game and it arrived a few days ago in the wrong size (0-3 months!). Her hat barely squeezes onto the top of her head! I couldn't even get the straps to snap together under her chin. But we somehow squished her into the main costume!
I took Brielle and Ashton down our cul-de-sac road to trick or treat our neighbors. Then we took the kids to Todd's mom's house to be babysat while we went to the adult session of Stake Conference. I was torn about going because I don't like supporting a church event that takes time from a family holiday. I just think that's ridiculous. But it was late enough that my kids would soon be in bed and I don't get much out of the family session of Stake Conference on Sunday with Lainey and Ashton taking me out of the chapel so much. So we went ahead tonight.
I actually called 5 girls in my ward to see if anyone could babysit on Halloween... if anyone happened to be bored and have no plans and maybe no family activities either if their parents were attending the adult session. Even the Stake President's two babysitter-aged daughters were busy with holiday fun with their friends. Some said they just wanted to be home with their family and their parents weren't attending. After 5 rejections I just felt too ashamed to even be asking anyone to miss out on Halloween and I quit calling. So when Todd's mom volunteered to take our kids, I took her up on it. It WAS a great meeting.
Time to steal from my kids' candy buckets!

2 comments:
Cute pics!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!
Sorry to hear you had to leave your kids that night...way to be strong and go! I think I would have had a hard time going to a meeting on Halloween. Anyway, your kids are so cute! Cute costumes!
Post a Comment