Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Milestones

Our kids are hitting some great milestones!

First, Lainey is walking!  (Can I feel more justified for my baby shoe thing?)  She took her first balanced steps the day after I posted that she couldn't walk.  Must have challenged her.  But even still, it wasn't until yesterday that I would say she was walking MORE than crawling.

Ashton, hasn't snuck out of bed for a very long time!  In fact, I'm not really sure how long.  Todd and I just realized last night that he has done great with that for a while now.  A year ago he was getting out so many times.  We'd put him back in over and over and over.  I tried counting one night and got tired of counting when I hit 30 times.  So this is huge that it's behind him.

Also, Ashton is potty trained!  He hasn't had an accident day or night for almost a month.  He even wears his undies to bed.  I'm VERY VERY VERY happy about it.  He took 2 months to potty train.  I'm not sure what normal is, but Brielle apparently left big shoes to fill- she took one day for day time and 3 days for night time to train.  So maybe I was a little hard on Ashton when he wasn't so speedy.

Brielle is reading well enough to read to Ashton and Lainey!  We used to get the Scholastic books in the mail until we had more books than we had closet shelf space for.  But those are just her level and she's able to entertain the younger kids by reading to them now.  Kind of exciting for her, and all of us.

So I'm super happy for my kids.  Go kids!

THEY were on cloud 9 yesterday evening when they came in shouting that there were 2 rainbows outside!  I broke out my camera- it was starting to get a little dusky out but it was still a really special sight. 

2 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Love the rainbow pics, beautiful! Cherish those mile stones!!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is so great about Ashton being potty-trained! My boys were pretty quick to train, so when the girls were taking a little longer it was somewhat frustrating. Now I can't even really imagine that they were ever in diapers! It's great! I am glad he is staying in bed well too. That is so great!