Monday, July 26, 2010

Wishful Weekend

Todd's making fun of me saying that I'm like a little kid on Summer Break needing to be entertained every moment.  I felt SO bored starting this weekend off!  I think I'm coming down from the excitement high of having so many fun weekends in a row.  Todd was happy to finally relax and get some things done.  But for me, having no plans and staying home all weekend was suddenly HARD. 

I begged Todd at the last minute to agree to taking the family on the ward campout.  But that would require fixing some things on our trailer, getting groceries for camping food, packing up, cleaning out the trailer (currently being used for storage), all in a matter of a few hours.  Didn't happen.  I tried so hard to find a babysitter to at least get a date night in somewhere, but to no avail.  I spent most of my weekend doing yard work and trying not to mope around childishly.

THE HIGHLIGHTS:
-Giving Ashton a much needed hair cut.  I swear he's like Sampsom, only the longer his hair gets, the stronger his naughtiness gets.  So a nice BUZZ cut is a good look for him =)

-Bumping into two great friends at WalMart all at the same time- a spur-of-the-moment pow wow! 

-Introducing Lainey to popsicles and running through sprinklers in her diaper.


-Swimming laps and feeling like I was finally improving.  Breathing techniques have taken a full YEAR to finally click for me.  I'm glad I kept at it, though, because it is so fun now!  And my rickety neck always feels better after swimming.
-Bringing dinner to the Higley family.  Sister Higley passed away this weekend and I LOVED her.  Such a sweet elderly lady from our ward.  Her sweet little husband had family in town to help plan the funeral and I offered to bring them a meal on Sunday.  There just aren't words for those kinds of situations and being able to do a service and give a huge hug made me feel like I could express my feelings without having to find words.

-Having the Hamman family over for dinner on Sunday.  I made lots of tortellini for dinner when I cooked for the Higleys and had plenty for us and another family.  So we had our friends, Heather and Craig, over for dinner and I finally felt like my weekend was redeemed.  We love having friends over and it was fun to visit with them.  Our kids all played hard together and wore each other out enough to sleep extra long last night.  It was nice to have them sleep in a little because that means I get to sleep in a little too!


The basement is framed and has stairs!

The floor joices and sub-floor are all on (not shown) so the basement is a little dark right now. The main floor framing is underway today and the patio & porch concrete will be poured tomorrow!

(Added a few hours later:  Just went by the property and all the exterior walls of the main floor are already up! They are SMOKIN' FAST!!!)

No comments: