Sunday, October 3, 2010

Run For The Hills 5K


 I participated in the Fruitland "Run For The Hills" 5K Saturday morning.
Lots of friends from the ward were in the race, including Lisa and Maren, the two in blue to my left.  This is us at the start line.  It was a bit chilly in the shade standing still.



Coming in for the finish.



Maren, myself, and Lisa after the race (obviously- my face is almost purple.)

My father-in-law and his wife were also in the race.  He ran the half marathon and she took first place for women in the 5K!  I was a little surprised that I got 1st place in my age group.  There must not have been many in the early 30's there because I wasn't super fast.  I just did it to have fun.  It was a BLAST to see so many friends there!  Even some of our young women participated.

No comments: