Monday, October 24, 2011

Brielle's Halloween Party

This year, our elementary school is not doing a Halloween carnival due to lack of funding.  So we decided to do our first Halloween party.  This year was Brielle's turn, though Ashton and Lainey got to participate with her and her friends.  Next time will be Ashton's turn, etc.  Who says you can have too many parties?  I know I can't :-)



As the girls arrived they each got a little "string your own candy necklace bag" with candy skulls, bones, and beads. Joanne's big Halloween sale provided for that and our decor.


 

 Once everyone came, we had dinner- pumpkin shaped sandwiches.

Everyone took some of the scattered candy corns and extra candy necklace beads to make silly faces.  I love creativity!





 Next we decorated pumpkins. Todd sprayed whimsical metallic spray paint on the pumpkins for a cool affect.  I really liked the look of them.  They were different and fun.









Everyone had a cupcake.

I love my local Payette Albertsons.  They sell a lot of things that I can't find anywhere else.  Not even the Ontario Alby's carries my regular items like unsweetened almond milk, or RIPE avocados (always), my Alby's was the only store from here to Boise to sell Chobani greek yogurt for almost a year, and there are many other things.  Anyway, for this, they sold me orange and black frosting fresh from their bakery (black used later).  Who wants to make black frosting?  Not me.  Sounds like a long and kind of gross process.  I'd rather not know how much food coloring it took :) 

Lainey actually woke up from her nap after the party had just started.  So I never had a chance to re-do her hair- she looks pretty shaggy!



I didn't want to do a lot of candy since they'd get plenty on Halloween that next week.  But you can't have a Halloween party without sugar, so the sugar was all eaten AT the party.  Which brought us to our next activity- decorating cookies.


Then we made mummies.  Everyone got a turn being a mummy.

 




Todd mummified Ashton and Lainey too!






By the end, the mummies got pretty shaggy 
because they added the old torn paper to their wrap!


I loved these next few photos, even though they're blurry, because they show so much action and that is exactly what followed for the next ten minutes or so.  I let them all play in the mess of toilet paper and they LOVED it!  Good to their word, they cleaned up every speck when they were done.




This was our mummy "in a coffin".

It was a three hour party (5:00-8:00)- I really wanted the girls to have plenty of time to enjoy their evening together.  Our last formal activity was watching Scooby Doo- two 15 minute episodes while they each took turns getting their nails painted in Halloween colors.  After that, they played to their hearts' content until their moms came.



Don't miss the last 3 posts about our past week and a half- back one page!




1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

What a fun Halloween party! That's a great idea to rotate through kids and let them each host a party. So fun. And congratulations on Todd's company doing so well with the top 100 places to work award in healthcare in the US! (I think I got that right.) Your trip looked really fun too. Happy Halloween!