Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Miss Western Idaho Pageant

 Brielle got to be a "Little Sister" escort for the Miss Western Idaho Pageant again for the 3rd year in a row.  Here she is at the rehearsal the day before the pageant with her two buddies, Grace, and Emmy.


 Sorry, I couldn't help myself- had to have them do a muscle shot.  
 Slightly out of place at this event...

Between attending this event and the Miss Idaho Pageant last month, I've been asked quite a few times if I did pageants.  I think a lot of women who attend them have participated in them in some form before.  I need to practice a response because my knee jerk reaction is a "HECK NO."  It was just NOT my thing when I was young.  But I understand every girl's desire to dress up and be a princess (or earn money for college) so I let Brielle participate in the way that she has.  And each year as I attend, I am always impressed by the way the service put in by each girl for this scholarship program and how it prepares and refines the contestants immensely.  It makes them very poised, confident, well spoken, know their own opinions, current on the world around them, good at public speaking, and they know how to clean up nicely :)  I definitely respect the program.  I would just still never do it if I had it to do again.  Unless I could wear a wet suit instead of a swim suit, play guitar for my talent, and claim CrossFit as my sport...  No, I still wouldn't do it.  But I thought the girls I knew who participated did a great job.  They were brave and beautiful up there.  Brielle had a good time, especially being with friends.

The day of.  She switched dresses.



Emmy


Grace

Brielle, escorting Ashley, her babysitter and previous Miss Western Idaho.


Twirling


Ashley giving her goodbye speech. 

 Genevieve Nutting to her left (above) in black was the 2011 Miss Idaho who went on to compete for Miss America.  Super cool girl from all I've ever seen of her/ read on her blog.  She helped me out a few times working at the Black and White store in Boise.  She and the girl to her left were the MC's that night and she was absolutely hilarious and classy.  Hard to be both.


The new Miss Western Idaho went to our family friend's daughter.  
Their younger daughter won the Junior Miss competition as well.

Brielle with the current Miss Idaho, Whitney Wood.



No comments: