Monday, October 26, 2009

Murder Mystery Dinner Party


We had our annual  murder mystery party yesterday!  The year Todd and I were married we started a tradition for siblings to have a little fun every Halloween season.  We all dress up and act in character for a murder mystery game.  This year we did a pirate game and were able to tailor it to our group- Todd's brothers and their wives, and his single brothers, and my brother Devan, and his wife, Maura.  Last year was my first year NOT doing the game so far.  I was too pregnant and too tired.  But this year Devan asked if I'd do it again so he could come.   And I was happy to have them visit!  I recommend the site I got the game from if anyone ever wants to do one of their own.  It's http://mystery.host-party.com.  They have lots of games that you can tailor to your size of group/genders and you print out all the materials at home so there is no time waiting for shipping! 

Todd and I look like pilgrims, not pirates!  Actually he's a map maker/artist and I'm the inn keeper.
 

Kris and Amber were fierce captains of two diff. ships.


Maura was the ship's cook and Devan was a law abiding ship's captain.


Katrina was a tavern wench and Adam was a sailor.


Billy was a gold dealer/treasure hunter.


And Travis was a dread pirate/captain with a wooden leg that he made himself!  It was awesome!


No comments: