Thursday, October 8, 2009

Heart 'N Home's Meridian Office Open House

On Tuesday I drove down to Meridian to take pictures of Todd's new office at its open house.  Heart 'N Home now has 5 offices!  I guess they did a ribbon cutting before I got there.  So I don't have pictures of that, but it's a really pretty office.  I hadn't seen it before- which is why I wanted to go.  My friend, Beth took the older two kids for me so I wouldn't have to bark at them to keep away from the refreshments table the whole time.  I should have known I'd be the one who couldn't keep away from it.  I felt like a pig, but the food was great and I was starving!




 

While on the Heart 'N Home topic, I keep forgetting to put on here that one of their CNA's, Consuelo Vargas, received a state award as the 2009 Idaho Dream Team Hospice Aide back in July.  Todd and I attended the awards night to represent Heart 'N Home and this picture was in the local paper.  It was a fun evening.  We sat at a table with a nationally renowned hospice representative and Todd was super excited to get to talk to him all evening.  Even though they didn't put Lainey's name under the picture, she's in it!  Not even 4 months old yet and already in the paper!  Haha.


Heart 'N Home really does have awesome employees.  I enjoy going to their events to mingle with them.  Tonight I'll be missing their annual Celebration Of Life event.  Everyone lights a candle and the names of those who have passed away that year are read.  There is music and a speaker.  It's a reverent sort of night to honor their past patients and a lot of community members come to celebrate loved ones passed on as well.  I'm sad to miss it, but I'll be on a plane to Spokanne to spend the weekend with old friends for our ladies weekend.  And I'm excited to see them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is cool! CONGRATS that is really big news! I must say that building is really really nice! :0) We need caring hospice personelle in this world!! YAY!