Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Super Saturday

 We did our first "Super Saturday" in a long time!  The Relief Society puts this activity on here and there as a way to make great crafts at a deal with so many people doing each one, and they make great hand-made gifts for Christmas time.  I was in charge of the wooden crafts.  There were several vinyl letter options for signs and blocks that made up a words.



Another station made bead-decorated serving spoon handles.  They were so cute!

 Another one did mini photo album/tins.  The fold out kind and they were made in Altoid tins.  Small and simple, but super cute.  Great for carrying around grandchildren's pictures in a purse, etc.

Name-etched pyrex pans.  Annie sporting her great smile!
 

Tutus and rice bags.


We also had scripture bags and crochet flowers for hair pins/bands, or clothing decorations.
It was tons of fun!  I have lots I want to do now that I've seen all the crafts in action!

Also on Saturday, was my friend, Jeannie Harris' baptism.  It was so special.  Every baptism is.  But when it's someone who hasn't had the gospel in their life their whole life and making a covenant with God to follow Christ is something very new to them, it's such an incredibly sweet experience.  I love to see their transformation and sit in awe at their beautiful new testimony.  It requires changes, sometimes big ones.  It's an expression of faith and repentance and it takes humility, obedience.  And it all just makes me bawl when I get to witness it.  I'm so happy for Jeannie.  She has been a kind friend of mine over the last few years, living here, and I love her.  I am so proud of her.

I left the baptism with a full heart.  Sometimes we get in our routines of worship and study and take for granted the sheer joy and the beauty of a plan of God- to come to Earth and learn and grow and fall short and need a Savior.  And that He actually fulfilled His role and saved us from sin and suffering and death.  That all the truths necessary to return to live with our Heavenly Father again, and to have eternal families there with Him, are not only upon the Earth, but at our fingertips.  I am grateful for scripture, knowledge, the Holy Spirit that leads and guides me, a prophet that God speaks to and reveals direction for all the world... to guide us in our endeavors and the needs and challenges of our current day in age.  I'm filled with gratitude that my Father in Heaven loves me and sees me as I would be.  He molds me each day as I strive to follow my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know that without my Savior, I am nothing and have no chance.  He is my truest friend, my example, my solace.  I am grateful for wise parents who taught me to love my Savior, to desire to know Him and learn of Him, and to joy in serving Him by the way I choose to live my life and love my fellow-man.  I'm not a fanatic, I'm not in a cult, and I'm as Christian as they come.  
 
I never want to over step my bounds with my friends and am sensitive to not sharing any more than they want to hear.  I respect all religions and share with them a brother and sisterhood of worshiping our Savior.  But if any friend ever told me one day how disappointed they were that over the years, I didn't ever care to share about my faith and kept it to myself, or that they didn't feel invited, I would hang my head in shame.  Please know you are invited.  I attend church at 1:00 on Sunday and you are welcome there any time to come and listen and see what it's like.  If you live far away, I'd be happy to locate The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints there for you.  And I am always happy to answer any question or talk about my faith if you'd like to learn more about it. 

No comments: