This trip was brief, but fun. Todd was supposed to go,but had something with work and church that he couldn't get out of. This was my brother, Scott's first MMA fight, which he's been training for about two years now. It was nerve wracking to watch at first, but he held his own just fine and won his fight in 49 seconds!
The day I got there, it was a blizzard! Seriously, I thought conditions were bad in Boise when I flew out but SLC was a mess. The car rental lady didn't have to try hard to sell me on upgrading from their cheapest little car to something with 4-wheel drive. I didn't want to wreck a rental car. Free ways were averaging 10 miles per hour!
I drove to Devan's work where he and I did a workout in the gym at his office's facility. Then we went to his house. Devan had school to go to but Maura and I visited and started a movie.
I drove to Devan's work where he and I did a workout in the gym at his office's facility. Then we went to his house. Devan had school to go to but Maura and I visited and started a movie.
The next day, the day of the fight, I met up with Scott to do some mobility and did some shopping in the mall next to the fight complex until it was time to start. Devan and Maura were at work that day otherwise I would have visited with them. They were there saving me a seat when I walked in.
All pics taken with a phone on this trip.
The sufflex.
Borrowed this professional pic from Scott's facebook page because it was super cool.
(The winning move.)
With my sister-in-law, Maura.
We watched a few more fights and then went to a very late dinner at Applebees a few blocks down from the Complex.
I love getting to see my brothers. I love all of my family but these two know me best having chummed around with me most, being closest in age.
Leaving Devan's house, where I stayed, for the airport.
Admiring the sunset and the mountains from the airport window- headed home.


No comments:
Post a Comment