So, my brother, Marty was called to serve his mission in Brazil. But after completing his two months of training in the Missionary Training Center, he (like most Brazil bound missionaries) had not yet received his visa. So, as expected, he was sent to a state-side mission to serve until his visa arrived. Of all the missions in the United States, he was sent to MINE! Crazy! He was assigned to work in Caldwell, about 20 minutes away from where we live.
So the very week he arrived, I and my other ward council leaders of my ward were asked to attend a regional conference in Caldwell, ID of all places. The topic: Missionary Work. I was minding my own business in my seat near the very back of the gymnasium- the chapel and most of the gym were already filled, when a song ended and I heard someone whisper, "Sarah!". I looked back and there was Elder Foster, sitting 2 rows behind me!
So the very week he arrived, I and my other ward council leaders of my ward were asked to attend a regional conference in Caldwell, ID of all places. The topic: Missionary Work. I was minding my own business in my seat near the very back of the gymnasium- the chapel and most of the gym were already filled, when a song ended and I heard someone whisper, "Sarah!". I looked back and there was Elder Foster, sitting 2 rows behind me!
I think it's pretty cool that he was sent here. I didn't get to see him off in Alaska as I had hoped to, we ended up not being able to fly up there until a week and a half after he left. And he was a little guy when I moved out to go to college so I haven't gotten to be around him for most of his life. Not that I intended to bug him. But he did get permission to have us take him and his companion to lunch the next week, as long as it was in his area.
This was the family with Elder Foster and his trainer, Elder Olney at Olive Garden.

No comments:
Post a Comment