One of my best friends, Sara, was sealed to her husband in the Spokane temple over Labor Day weekend. Our other "3 Amigas", Steph- with her girls, met up there to be a part of it. I love these ladies so much. And I'm so happy for Sara. Because none of Sara's family members were in attendance inside the ceremony, Stephanie and I were invited to sit on the bench that is usually reserved for the mothers in front across from the two witnesses. I've never had that view before!
We get together every year, the three of us. I watched Sara struggle through a divorce and going at life on her own as a single mother of three. I remember when she met Don and how Sara came to life and had so much hope in her voice again. I'm so grateful to him for the wonderful husband he's been to Sara and for how happy she has made him. They have such a beautiful family together.
We get together every year, the three of us. I watched Sara struggle through a divorce and going at life on her own as a single mother of three. I remember when she met Don and how Sara came to life and had so much hope in her voice again. I'm so grateful to him for the wonderful husband he's been to Sara and for how happy she has made him. They have such a beautiful family together.
This weekend was bittersweet for me. Such a wonderful event was taking place for Sara, but a very tough and scary challenge was happening for another person I care very much about who lives somewhere else. I almost lost this person- they tried to take their life. And would have succeeded if it weren't for someone else coming home when they weren't supposed to. I won't say who or what or where out of privacy, but I think it's caused a little bit of a stifling for me to go through any of the pictures that were taken that weekend- for what emotional dust they may kick up.
I apologize to those who have expressed that they like to follow our blog for taking such a long break. I feel like my own subconscious just wasn't ready to go there until it felt like the events that took place were a closed chapter and weren't likely to happen again. I am so grateful for the strides this person has made with counseling, studying books on stress, and openly sharing what they've learned with their loved ones. The way this person has recovered emotionally from their darkest times has really made an impression on me. They have helped me and taught me how to deal with my own stress and showed how to put life back together with grace when it falls apart. If this person can get to a place where they don't feel their life is of any consequence, then anyone can... because this person is and always has been an incredibly impressive soul to me. So many qualities that I try to learn from. I think we all can use lessons in showing ourselves a little more tenderness, patience, forgiveness, and love.

No comments:
Post a Comment