After leaving Spokane over Labor Day Weekend, we drove in the direction of home, but stopped about an hour or so away in Council where we had reserved a night in our friends' cabin there. They had offered a weekend stay there at an auction our scouts put on for a fundraiser. It was dark upon arriving, but I still recognized directions there from having been there one other time when the friend that owns it and a handful of other friends and I stayed there last year. We put the kids to bed and fell asleep watching a movie.
Then, in the morning, the kids watched "Little Rascals" and played around outside.
After we cleaned up and packed up, we drove to a nearby hiking trail head and hiked 2 miles in to a hot spring.
This is Lainey doing' Pistols for fun :)
And always dancin'.
I don't think there is an activity I enjoy doing more in life than hiking in God's country. It really breaths life into my being! It was a lot easier to just go hiking whenever I felt like it where I grew up in Alaska. Where we live now and the schedules we live by, it take more effort- more prep, more time driving to places, and patience having little children where I didn't in Alaska :). It was a DRY DUSTY Fall day and the kids were starting to enjoy the journey a little less as time went on. "Are we there yet?" was heard many times. 2 miles sounds simple enough, but there was a lot of wind fall (fallen trees) for little bodies to climb up and over and by the time we got to the hot springs, they were wore out! But they soon realized it was so worth it. And the fun they had at the hot springs carried their happy little spirits all the way home in a pleasant spell. I was in heaven to enjoy it with them and of course take too many pictures of it all. :)
As short as she was, little Lainey ate a lot of dirt if she was ever behind anyone and their dust cloud on that hike! But she was a trooper!

No comments:
Post a Comment