Monday, October 28, 2013

Family Halloween Party

Our sister-in-law, Jenny, had never been in town for Halloween and had never gotten to see all the nieces and nephews and their cute costumes on that holiday due to being tied to school in Rexburg.  To celebrate her first time being here for it, she asked us if we would host a family Halloween Party that she was excited to put on for all the children.  She had arranged for some games and treats and for Todd's step dad, Galen to clear a maze in his corn field that day.  Unfortunately it poured rain so the maze was out.  But we still did the party at our house and Galen and Cindy (Todd's mom) joined us.

I offered to arrange a craft station.   I had tons of supplies for it because I had signed up to run that craft at both Lainey's preschool and Ashton's class Halloween parties.





I didn't have my kids wear their costumes because Lainey's was too fragile and I didn't want it ruined before Halloween, Brielle's wasn't done- I was still making it, and Ashton is too good at getting what he wears dirty.  So Lainey wore one of her dress up dresses, Ashton wore an old dress up costume (high waters and all) and Brielle was a quick make shift "girl-on-fire".  



Here is Jenny giving the rules of the first game.












A skit at the end involved lip synching to "Girl on Fire" which sparked some  kareoke to cute girlie songs by some super cute nieces of mine.




I was a rock star, Todd was a sports fan.  Can't tell in that light but my shirt was covered in sequins- I looked like a golden disco-ball dork, but it was the best I had.



No comments: