Heart 'n Home won the "Best 100 Places to Work" award in healthcare again! It's an award given by Modern Healthcare for all kinds of health care companies in the U.S. We were the only hospice on the list this year. We barely made it on the list- 98th place! But it's an honor, still, to make it on a prestigious national list with the various other impressive companies that made for stiff competition.
We flew to Atlanta that second to last weekend in October to attend the awards ceremony and accept our award. Here are pics from the awards night:
We flew to Atlanta that second to last weekend in October to attend the awards ceremony and accept our award. Here are pics from the awards night:
The owners with their award.
While we were there we did a day of shopping and visited the aquarium there. I guess it's the biggest one in the country! It was pretty fantastic. I felt bad being at it without my children! I know they would have loved it. We got the some fun marine animal bath toy souvenirs and showed them all the pictures when we got back. They were having a great time at their Grandpa and Grandma Stice's house back home. We sure appreciated them watching our treasure for us!
Here's the camera roll from pics at the Aquarium. Have to say, I can't stand going from dslr to phone camera quality. Especially indoors. But I didn't feel like lugging around the former all day long.
Playing with the reflection on the glass with Adam and Katrina.
Albino Alligators
A tank in the ceiling.
A whale skeleton.
The next day at the subway to head out shopping.
This was my very first subway experience! Not much like I'd seen in
movies where the whole subway always looks so crowded you're elbow to
elbow. We were there in the late morning and were the only ones there!
(Which I'd prefer over crazy crowds of strangers.)

No comments:
Post a Comment