Day 3
The second day on board was all at sea. It was a formal day so I had arranged for Lainey to be dressed up as a princess all day. After breakfast, I took Lainey to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. Brielle came too. She was originally booked for an appointment as well, but she felt too old and just wanted to watch. They have a free cancellation policy so it was fine.
Both girls' favorite Disney princess is Elsa so I had an Elsa costume for each of them to wear. Brielle just didn't wear hers until dinner time when the other cruisers would also be dressed up. At the boutique, Lainey was assigned a fairy godmother to maker her into a princess- pixie dust and all! Lainey really get's into this "in character" sort of thing. They put on a convincing production too- their conversation and flattery is all about how you really are a princess and they really are magical fairy godmothers. Lainey believed it! It was cute to watch her believe 100% that she was a legit princess all day on the ship!
Both girls' favorite Disney princess is Elsa so I had an Elsa costume for each of them to wear. Brielle just didn't wear hers until dinner time when the other cruisers would also be dressed up. At the boutique, Lainey was assigned a fairy godmother to maker her into a princess- pixie dust and all! Lainey really get's into this "in character" sort of thing. They put on a convincing production too- their conversation and flattery is all about how you really are a princess and they really are magical fairy godmothers. Lainey believed it! It was cute to watch her believe 100% that she was a legit princess all day on the ship!
"Gracing the stairs" with her "royalness" in the grand lobby.
Before dinner and the show, the kids spent some time in the kids club while Todd and I went and worked out in the fitness facility, went to acupuncture appointments, and then used the Rainforest Area.
We had paid to have a Rainforest membership all week. It was only for adults so it was quiet and peaceful. It was a section of the spa where you used a special electronic bracelet to get in and could use a variety of dry saunas and steam rooms, therapeutic showers (swim suits on of course) where you could use a series of salt/sugar scrubs mixed with therapeutic oils, there were hot tubs, and my favorite- a nap room. It was a no-talking zone/room with ergonomic heated stone beds (sounds terribly uncomfy but they were amazing). There were 8-10 of them and if one was open (there was always enough open whenever I wanted one) you could go in and lay down with a wall of windows in front of you with ocean views. It was so peaceful, I don't have many memories of being awake in there... I'd be out like a light every time. Todd had to wake me up for snoring... Any time I had a massage appointment or something, I would go in there and wait to have someone come get me for my appointment. The acupuncture was very helpful. My neck was severely stiff from the late nights and stress over the trip, which got especially bad at the hospital stressing if they'd ever get us out in time to make it on the ship as slow as it all went.
Formal night's dinner was at the Animator's Restaurant. There were huge screens all around the room where Nemo and friends swam from screen to screen talking to the guests and playing games or making jokes. The kids LOVED it. This was by far our favorite restaurant for the interactive entertainment around the room.
Our dinner crew!




1 comment:
Okayim going to post on each one cause this is amazing! First lainey is sooooo cute! And I loved that she thought she was a princess! Soo adorable! And brielle looks amazing in the last few pics, her red hair is stunning. And those sauna rooms make me want to die, ugh, amazing! You sooo deserved it!
Post a Comment