Monday, October 12, 2015

Nashville- Best Places to Work Convention

Heart 'n Home Hospice won the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare national award again!  That's a mouthful to say.  This year's convention was in Nashville.  69th place!  It was a nice convention.  All I can say is I left enamored with Tennessee.  What a charming state full of beautiful land, beautiful weather, and super nice people.  Southern charm is real, people.  I want to go back already.

We went to a Titans football game (vs Buffalo Bills).  Titans lost.




Shocked by the herds of crowd in the streets leaving the game.



We visited Cookville, home town of none other than the 4 time CrossFit Games champion and "Fittest Man on Earth", Rich Froning.  Todd, Kris, and Amber did a WOD in his gym while I went for a job.  I can't do CrossFit anymore because of a health condition that compromised my adrenals.  Anything intense makes me get hurt and also super tired for weeks.  I've been struggling with it for 2 years, in and out of doctors to try to get help for it.  No great solutions yet.  I never thought I'd go jogging instead of the chance to WOD at Rich Froning's gym.  I've watched him win the games twice.  I've followed his programming for years.  I introduced those three in the picture below to CrossFit.  But such is life.



At the awards banquet.









We went to a show at the Grand 'Ol Opry.







And of course ice cream from the candy shop near our hotel... every night!


No comments: