After I came home from Alaska, I drove to Tri Cities, WA to pick up Rachele and Myla. Rachele knew I had been away from my family too much this year and asked if she could come to our house for me to help her after her neck surgery. I stayed the rest of the weekend at her house, then on Monday morning we drove back to my house. Rachele was always in quite a bit of pain, but that was sadly something she was used to. She rarely showed it. She gained a lot more mobility in her neck from the surgery. But the muscles and ligaments will take a long time to adapt to that new range. Myla is a dream child and is almost always happy. She is very easy to get along with. I loved getting my baby fix by having her here to snuggle and play with. Rachele took it easy most of the time by watching movies together. It was super relaxing for me to have an excuse to sit down and sort of veg for days after such an emotionally stressful past few months and all the travel associated with it. I love my sister. I loved all of the conversation we got to enjoy with so much time together both driving to and from Richland and here at the house. The kids love their auntie too!
When Rachele went back home, her husband gave her this picture that he had drawn from a photo of my mom and Myla. He did an amazing job- he is one talented artist!


No comments:
Post a Comment