Sunday, August 22, 2010

Emmett Triathlon

On August 7th Todd and I participated in the Emmett triathlon.  Todd did the olympic distance, I did the sprint.  Last year, this was my very first race and I LOVED it.  My father-in-law, Rex, his wife, Cindy, and Tim Davis also did the sprint last year.  This year, those same people raced, Todd joininng us, but also my two friends, Jen Georgeson and Andria Hainey participated on a team to each do one of the three events of the olympic distance race.  It's really cool to be there doing that with friends.  I'm glad Rex and Cindy chose to do one last year because it gave me the idea to attempt it.  And I'm happy that friends are enjoying it too.

My only regret with this race is that I was feeling like SLUG.  Seriously, I think I mentioned in the California Trip post that I gained a handful of pounds from the road trip food and eating out all vacation.  Just in time to do a triathlon!  I just didn't have any energy and could tell I hadn't taken very good care of myself as of late.  I beat last years' time by almost 10 minutes, but it should have been much better than that having used a mountain bike last year and a road bike this year.  At least I wasn't slower, I guess...   =)



Cindy, Jen, and Andria
(Their team took 1st in their age group!)

Our friend, Tim Davis, also took first place in his age group (again)!

No comments: