The trusses went up these last two weeks and the sheeting on the roof is almost done. There has been one hold-up to finish it... a change order. Yes, I thought I would never alter my floor plan. But I didn't like how I designed my patio. The actual concrete pad was nice sized, but I drew the roof to cover only two thirds of it and wished it covered it all. New patio trusses were ordered and the change will happen early this week so they can finish the roof.
Inside, the engineer who designed the truss system mis-read my plans and made the living room mostly two-story height. I had it vaulted all across, starting at 12 feet and ending at the two-story height. But when we saw how the trusses went up, and how it was built wrong, both Todd and liked the look so much we couldn't stand to have them fix it. So it will be taller than planned in the living room. But we think it will look great that way.
This is the bonus rm. view. Can't wait until our friends, the Georgesons build their house on the lot at the end of that cul-de-sac. Right now we're the only home on the street. There are neighbors near by, just not part of the neighborhood.
Todd's been pouring over magazines and loving every minute of his brainstorming for landscape ideas. That's HIS baby. Mine was the house. I'm a fish out of water when it comes to yard. Wildflowers and birch trees are the extent of my horticulture experience =).
Sounds like a lot of work to me...
but it's a lot of play to Todd.
Oh the fun they have in the dirt.
A bunch of dirty monkeys!

No comments:
Post a Comment