Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lainey's Birthday

Well, I've sort of slacked finishing the Spring Break post!  Over the last half of Spring Break, we celebrated Lainey's birthday, Todd's birthday, and Todd and I went on our anniversary date that weekend since our actual anniversary fell on Monday and it's near impossible to find babysitters that day.  So here's Lainey's special day!

Our sweet little "Lainey Bug" turned TWO on March 24th!  Here's a recent picture of her with her first piggy tails!  I posted a few pics from this day with those fresh little piggies up top in the last post.  Only... she wasn't so happy in those...
(She did have ear infections and some puffy eyes, but she was super cute still!)
During the day, while Daddy was at work, the kids and I made Lainey's birthday cake.  We made it a butterfly, which I outlined and then let them decorate.  I know, I did a very sloppy job frosting the white base frosting!  Cortney, if you're reading this... I NEED some lessons!

Why haven't I let my kids decorate cakes before?  Takes all the pressure off.  It's great. I guess the kids decorated their own cupcakes at Brielle's rainbow birthday party.  But they LOVED making designs on these wings and creating their own "edible art."








The finished product!

I was so impressed!  They did a better job than their mother would!

That evening, after Todd came home from work, we drove to the Boise Town Square Mall.


We ate a yummy dinner in the food court.

And then headed to Lainey's big destination: Build A Bear!


She picked a cute little fuzzy bear.  I was sure she'd go for the pink bunny.




She kissed it and sent it off for stuffing.


She even got to kiss its heart before they put it inside and stitched it up.


 She activated the fan that blows off any loose fuzz.


 She brushed him and spruced him up.

 I guess I should stop referring to him as "HIM" because it turns out he's a SHE!  She named her....
(drum roll...)

"Bear."

After Bear was dressed and purchased, we headed back home.

Lainey LOVES balloons.  She was SO excited to see her balloons!





"We" blew out the candles.

 She had a couple other presents to open.





This is by far her favorite!

And then she was off to bed to get her beauty rest after a long day of fun!

Love that little girl so much!  She's so fun and so sweet.  And so easy to please on her birthday!  She knew it was HER day and she was living up every bit of the special treatment.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

She is so adorable!!