Friday, March 28, 2014

11th Anniversary



Well, this anniversary couldn't top last year's pool side, concert-filled surprise getaway to Vegas, but every year of marriage does get sweeter and sweeter.  I love my husband.  There are a lot of choices to make in life, but none so powerfully connected to our absolute happiness or misery in life as the the choice of who we marry.  Todd is so selfless and so loving that I am convinced he could make anyone blissfully happy.  But I am grateful he chose me.  Because I adore him.  I am glad I chose HIM, because together life is wonderful!

The day I met him his soul was so familiar to me.  So very similar to my energy and disposition that it seemed like we'd grown up together or something.  I knew I wanted to be around him.  I just loved talking to him.  It was incredibly magnetic and looking back I don't know how I didn't see it for exactly what it was.  In my ignorance, I didn't know what those feelings meant.  Just a fantastic new friend in my life.  In fact, after he left (only a couple of days later) I went on to date his friend who I had also met the same day.  Todd was leaving the college area to go back home and leave on his mission so we exchanged addresses.  At that, I had my first pen pal, well the first one I actually wrote to anyway :).

Funny side-note: I had ended a long-term relationship a month or so earlier and had spent that month feeling the loneliness you feel when everyone around you has grown accustomed to leaving you alone.  No one asked me out- I was labeled "taken" for a year and a half prior.  My friends were in their routines.  I found myself on my knees and telling God how lonely I was.  I actually prayed that I could meet my husband because I was done with the dating/waiting game.  God really listened.  He didn't rush me to the alter any time soon, he had other plans still, adventures like Utah State and my mission.  But He he didn't waste any more time putting us in the same scene in life.  He let me have Todd's friendship and influence in my life throughout my next adventures.  I don't think I've ever had a faster, more direct answer to prayer.

And that's what life with Todd continues to feel like year after year.  An answer to prayer.  A blessing.  An adventure with my best friend.  
 
This year I found myself thinking of loved ones who have played that waiting/dating game for so long and have yet to find their sweetheart.  And I found myself on my knees on that topic once again, but for them.  I was so happy for Camille.  I want others to have that too.

For our day:
We ate an incredible Hawaiian Dinner at Kona Grill.  We went and saw the movie, "Noah" in theaters.  It was ridiculously stupid...  Then we got some shopping done and headed home to be there when a visitor came!  More on that in the next post!

No comments: