My cousin, Camille is my same age. When I heard she was getting married, I HAD to be there. I'm so excited for her. Her wedding reception was in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building- beautiful location. My only complication in getting there was that Todd had an annual (big deal) basketball tournament that same day back home.
As it turned out, my visiting teacher, also a lady I adore, Angie, was heading down to Bountiful two days earlier. I got a ride with her and my brother, Devan and his wife met us at a Chili's Restaurant in Bountiful where we ate and then headed to his house. I loved getting to ride down there with Angie. She's so fun to talk with.
As it turned out, my visiting teacher, also a lady I adore, Angie, was heading down to Bountiful two days earlier. I got a ride with her and my brother, Devan and his wife met us at a Chili's Restaurant in Bountiful where we ate and then headed to his house. I loved getting to ride down there with Angie. She's so fun to talk with.
For two days I relaxed at Devan's house while Todd had the kids back home. As much as I missed them, it was just the right time to kick my feet up and get some rest
My parents flew in Saturday night and met up with me at the wedding reception and drove me back to Devan's afterward.
Camille and I.
Camille dancing with her dad, my Uncle John.
Dancing with her husband.
Camille cracks me up. She got her degree at the University of Utah- big rivals to BYU. She is a DIE HARD Utes fan. So when she came to visit and met her soon-to-be in-laws for the first time, they jokingly put her in a room that they decorated in navy BYU fan gear/colors just for her. This joke has continued going back and forth throughout her courtship. In, what I assume will certainly not be the last prank, Camille chose Ute RED for her wedding colors and made all her in-laws wear red, AND played the Ute fight song as her first song of the night on the dance floor :). She is a hoot! I loved getting to be with family that night. I also really enjoyed hearing all the speeches and learning even more about Camille that living so far away from her all my life never warranted me to know.

1 comment:
I'm so glad you posted these! We weren't able to come, and I love being able to see it. (My mom told me all about it, but its always fun to be able to see it.) I'm glad you were able to make it down there!
Post a Comment