Saturday, August 2, 2014

Foster Family Reunion- Camping at the Bear River Property

After the Jackman Pot Luck in Utah, after visiting with my family at Devan's that evening, and after a night's rest at a hotel in West Jordan where Devan lives, we headed up to my Grandparents' property in the Uintah Mountains along the Bear River.  Years ago, they purchased the property and built a small cabin on it.  My grandparents have both passed away and the property now belongs to their children.  It's wonderful to be able to meet up there and have reuions.  However, Todd and I and our children have never been able to attend one.  This year we made sure it happened. 

We did however, sell our camper trailer quicker than we thought we'd be able to and at the last minute ended up tent camping.  We haven't tried that since Brielle was a baby.  I grew up thinking anything other than tent camping wasn't really camping.  But babies who rock out of their covers to fall asleep, don't take well to tent camping temperatures, and with the screaming, no one sleeps.  So the first time we tried that with a rocking baby, was the last.  Now our children were older so we felt new courage and confidently set off with our old camping bin.  Sadly, it no longer seemed to include air mattresses, and we've never owned sleeping bags warm enough for Uintah Mountain night temperatures.  So it was a VERY lumpy (golfer maze grounds) cold night and we didn't sleep much again.  But it was only for one night and completely worth the gorgeous views and scenery and the awesome time visiting with family during waking hours.

I couldn't believe how many actually made the effort to come from so far away!  An aunt from Ohio, an aunt from Denver, an aunt from California, a cousin from CA, two cousins from Washington, an aunt from Nevada, cousins from Eastern Idaho.  And many from all over Utah.  My dad had 16 total children in his family.  13 of them are still living.  I think I saw all but three of them

I had a fun conversation with a cousin whose family had 13 children and I never got to know a lot of the ones that are younger than I.  It was so great to hear how life has developed for each of them and that they are all doing well and have done great things in their lives.  They are all active in the church.

I saw cousins I haven't seen since I was a child.  It was a thrill to be able to be there.



Lainey with Uncle Rod.




Todd with Uncle John.

Aunt Adrienne.


I always especially love being able to see my youngest sister, April.  Since there was such an age gap, I've never lived under my parents roof while she was alive.  She is a very sweet individual.  Very easy going, very fun personality.  I love her.  Brielle loves being around her too.



Uncle Tony and Aunt Marsha.


Cousin Grace and her husband.


Aunt Trudy and Aunt Gogi

Ashton with Aunt Trudy







Cousin Colton


Uncle Dana and his son through marriage, I can't for the life of me remember his name!

Cousin Lee and his wife with Uncle Cory




Rachele came for the day!  She is around 15 weeks preggo!!!!!!

Uncle John relaxing after taking a few pictures with my lens on his camera.  He let me trade for a while so I was using his awesome Canon luxury series zoom lens (70-200 2.8F).  I was a little too fun... now I want one.  But I don't need it for what I shoot and how I shoot 90% of the time.  So I'll controll myself.  Might miss it at soccer games...

Cousin Nick and Uncle Dana






Lainey with her new friend, my cousin Lara's dughter, Maddy.

Swimming/wading in the Bear River which runs along side the property.











Cousins Nick and Lara

She really wanted to float down the short stretch there, but it was super cold!  She bounced out as fast as she went in the first attempt...


So Aunt Rachele helped her succeed at least a couple of feet.




And kindly loaned her a cover to help her warm back up in the sun.


Cousin Jenny and her husband Collin who came for a short hello before needing to leave for a family baptism.


Cousin Rachel and her son.



Dad got the zip line going again.




Cousin Drew

Ashton was itching to do this all day...




So fun to see how two parents could have so many children with so much posterity and all their unique differences, yet see how they all have so much in common.  Again, family is wonderful!!!!

No comments: