Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Goodies

While checking out at the health foods store one day, I saw a bowl for sampling holiday popcorn.  I had barely grabbed a little and was about to pop it in my mouth when one of the ladies who works there hollered from across the store, "Sarah, you'll be sorry!" (They know me well down there.) She went on to say it is so delicious and addicting that I'd be buying a whole case of them if I actually tried it.  I was too tempted and the thought crossed my mind that if it was that good it might make a great treat to give friends for Christmas gifts. So in my mouth it went and out I went with 2 cases...


We also spent a couple different nights making sugar cookies.


Another goodie I made a lot of was pie! Here's my first successful one:

Thanks to Maurny's lessons I probably made 10-15 pies or so.  I can't remember.  Maybe more.  Apple pies, pumpkin pies, banana cream, and pecan.  Pie is probably my favorite dessert.  Our ward party (which was a blast and very well done) had me assigned to bring pie and by then I was well practiced and could actually do it!  Last year I'd have been buying them from Costco. 

Forgot to mention that I sang in the chorus at the ward party in the Forgotten Carols production and also sang with Maurny in church on Christmas Sunday-a pretty arrangement of, "Once in Royal David's City".

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Great job on all the pies! Wow, what a busy month you had. 2013 December seemed insane for us--mainly because we did house projects which was a bad idea in December! That is fun you have a Hobby Lobby near-by. What a fun store!