Friday, April 18, 2014

Brielle's Basketball Birthday Party

Todd is always commenting that Brielle knows more basketball trivia than he does.  She watches games, reads magazines, studies it, etc.  Brielle has played basketball with the rec. department now for 4 seasons and has always liked it.  But this year, having her dad for a coach and her close friends on her team, she fell in love with it.  It's been a bit of an obsession ever since.  Todd said he's never seen a kid dribble and handle the ball as well/naturally as she does.  She just clicks with it.

I'm glad she loves it, but when she said she wanted a basketball birthday party (playing out on the court outside the house), I worried that her friends might NOT enjoy that.  But she made a list of the friends she would want to invite and then evaluated if anyone might not enjoy that kind of a party, and sure enough they all play rec ball and they all enjoy it.  So we went ahead with it.  She's 10 so I didn't want to provide any party games or "stuff".  They just had chips and candy to snack on at the table and pizza/cupcakes for dinner.  I did buy little basketball eraser/basketball pencil combos for a party favor.  But other than the food, the favor, and the table decor, they just played basketball!  That was easy enough!


The cupcakes were supposed to have black basketball lines on them, but I couldn't find the black frosting gel I had bought until the next day :(.


Everything I bought for this theme was from Zurcher's party store.




First they played "Bump", then I think "Pig" was in there somewhere.  It was a gorgeous day!  It was originally supposed to rain that day so we were lucky!














Lainey can never resist the sprinklers when they come on in the late afternoon...



Opening presents

I felt like Brielle's friends got her the absolute perfect gifts!  They know her so well!  Next year I'm asking her friends what to get her because I feel like they do better at that than I do!




Snacking until the pizza came.




Pizza time!

No comments: