These pictures were taken several weeks ago when the ladies that come to the house for CrossFit all got up to the bar to do their pull ups and not one of them was using an assistance band! Out of the 8 women, 6 are off the band and the 2 newest members are very close! Only these 5 were in attendance the day of the picture.
In the 4 yeas since I started CrossFit, I've gone from about the only woman in the valley doing CrossFit, to about the only woman in the Valley who doesn'! Like wild fire this sport has spread everywhere! With my health condition, I've had to take almost a year off. It's been very hard to sit out on something I'm so passionate about and I miss doing it so much. The only thing that keeps me sane is this group of women, all very good friends, who come to the house 3 times a week for CrossFit class. Getting to still participate in that environment in some way, as coach, keeps my chin up and gives me the ability to still see strength gains and fitness achieved... in my friends. I love it! I love seeing them improve all the time. And they are amazing impressive women. I need a picture of the full group now. With several moving out of town and new faces taking their place (I only have room for 8), our group has changed over the years.

No comments:
Post a Comment