For Brielle's party, I hired a a lady who recently closed her doors to her pottery studio. The economy just couldn't support it. But now she does traveling parties bringing her supplies for pottery parties in her customers' homes. It was surprisingly affordable, the cheapest party I've thrown so far since we didn't do games or a pinata, etc.
First we ate cupcakes and opened presents until the lady came and was finished setting up.
This jewelry matched her outfit perfectly!
The rest of the party was spent making "little critters" out of clay.
Lainey woke up from her nap half way through the party. She had a cupcake
before joining the party table to watch the pottery gang and fiddle with clay.
These were the critters they could make (the turtle and pig not shown).
It was nice to not have to do much. I put up streamers, Todd filled some balloons, and otherwise, we just let everyone in! It went over time because the pottery lady's party right before ours went late and she came late. But overall, it was a seamless activity. The critters left with the pottery lady to be fired and they'll be back in a week.
Afterward, Todd and I went on a date to the adult session of Stake Conference, my favorite meeting in the church! Still loving our new tradition of going on a date as soon as a child's party is over :)

No comments:
Post a Comment