Monday, April 16, 2012

Grandma Thacker's 80th Birthday

 On March 31st, we drove to Nampa for Todd's Grandma Thacker's 80th Birthday party.  Many of his relatives from out of town were there including some of the cousins Todd was closest to growing up.  He really enjoyed catching up with them.

Todd's mom and his Aunt Stacy cutting the cake.

My goobers. :)

Todd's Uncle Robert giving Grandma her card and gift.  Everyone went in on a Kindle for her- she loves to read and the scripture apps will be great for her at church.

A picture of everyone who was there. 

I was asked, upon arrival, to take the picture.  But the lens I had with me was really meant more for smaller groups.  The zoom on it is fixed- it wont adjust.  So you have to stand further and further back to get more in your picture.  It was a challenge to get that many people at the right angle of the room in just the right tight squeeze together to fit my lens!  And it still never got quite as clear as I'd have liked it to.  But it was the best we had.  Lainey, it turned out, walked out of the picture on the shot where all the other people could be seen properly.  So I cropped her onto Brielle's lap in this picture the best I could.  See if you can find her!  Kids!

No comments: