Monday, April 16, 2012

Brielle's Birthday

My baby turned 8!  It's hard to be sad that she isn't little anymore because I LOVE this age.  She is so sweet and innocent and happy.  I love my not-so-little girl.  Brielle is feminine, but strong.  She's smart and she's funny.  A model student.  She's respectful, eager to please, eager to learn, thrives on the gospel.  She's confident among her friends.  She is very aware of the people around her and how they feel.  She is creative and active and helpful.  If I sit back and reflect on her, I am filled with a deep gratitude.  I find it a little silly when people say they have the "worlds best husband" or the "best kids" or they married the "cutest brother" (yes, I've bit my tongue on that one) or whatever.  I think everyone should be able to feel like they have the best everything for THEM.  And I do.  I couldn't ask for a better fit of an oldest daughter for me and for our family and I'm so happy to be her mother.











This picture shows Lainey's new do that she just gave herself.  I still haven't tried to fix it, some parts are just too short to correct.  We've been sweeping her multi-length bangs off to one side lately (obviously not in the picture below) and that seems to help.


An update on Brielle's likes and dislikes:  Brielle LOVES basketball and soccer.  She's gotten pretty good at both.  She enjoys piano and singing in the Tavaci Choir.  She's blossoming all sorts of talents, which has been fun for her as well as for her parents.  She still enjoys reading.  Anything creative.  She started Activity Days this past Wednesday and had SOOOoooooo much fun.  She feels like a big girl.  She does a lot of big girl things now- she does her own hair and never needs my help picking out her clothes anymore.  She's learned how to do laundry.  She's learned a lot of ways to be helpful around the house.  She even gets her little sister ready when she's home on the weekends sometimes.  Brielle seems to REALLY want to learn how to cook- especially after getting an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas.  She packs her own cold lunches.  She's just so easy!  As long as she gets her fill of friend-time.  Just like her Mama :)  We love her so much.  Happy Birthday, Brielle!!!

No comments: